The Alliance for Responible Mining’s (ARM) Applications Committee evaluates:
- If the documentation is duly filled out and complete
- If the mining organization operates legally
- If the miners register and mines and processing plant registries are complete for the certification body to define the audit’s scope and costs
- If the miners and the aspiring organization really qualify as artisanal and small-scale mining, as defined by the Standard.
- Whether the mining organization operates or not in sensible areas or ecosystems.
- Whether the mining organization supports or directly or indirectly finances illegal groups or armed groups.
ARM will contact the mining organization directly if there are any doubts or incomplete documents.
ARM agrees to review and send the application within 15 days of receiving it to IMOswiss AG, which will then establish contact with the mining organization in order to signthe certification contract, send the proposal and schedule the audit.